Wedding season means that the bride will be shopping for many dresses. Weddings last more than one day and consist of hen nights, brunches, meeting the in laws all the way to the rehearsal dinner. So here are some ideas for what to look for when shopping for all your special occasions.
Rehearsal dinner dress
These dress ideas are great for a dress rehearsal. They are simple yet elegant. The floor length gives the dress a sexy sophisticated look, which is something that you should go for on the rehearsal dinner. You can go for a floor length or a mid-length dress. You could also wear a dress like this on the evening of your wedding if you want to change out of the wedding dress for dancing.
Hen night dress
The hen night is a very special occasion; it your last night out with the girls before you become a married women. It’s one where you can were a short flirty dress. You can choose to add sparkle to the dress or ruffles or even sequins. It’s really up to you. It’s another excuse to wear a beautiful dress as you can set the dress code as casual or extravagant as you wish. You could where a white cocktail dress so that you stand out as the bride even before your big day.
Pre wedding brunch
These dresses are perfect for a sunny, wedding planning, brunch with your girlfriends. These are cute spring/summer pastel coloured dresses perfect in the summer sun. You can also go for bold prints and patterns. These dresses are comfortable and stylish .
The Honeymoon dress
Straight after the wedding you will be heading into the sunset. That can only mean it’s time to shop around for some hot buys to wear on you honeymoon. You can keep it sexy with a maxi dress or casual will a kaftan. Here are some ideas on what to wear for the honeymoon. Just remember to do patterns, prints and bold colours; for a tropical look.
When it comes to weddings it’s good to remember to shop around for all the exciting occasions that come with getting married, and it’s a fabulous excuse to buy more than one ‘wedding’ outfit.
Written by: Nila Sabar
Edited by: Laura Nikita Mitchell
images taken from pinterest.
Now this is the most important decision a Bride can make. What she wears down the aisle.. It’s the true statement of her personality & personal style. It’s obviously a daunting task to even begin deciding what sort of gown you would like, so we’re going to run through a variety of options for you to think about! Just to help
1. Exposure! Want to expose some skin at the back, through lace or in an intricate design? Here’s two gowns which we think do it with class and elegance! It’s a definite option to bring a young yet classic feel to the dress. Lace is a favourite option as well!
2. Necklines. The sweetheart neckline. One of my favourite styles for a wedding gown. You can have many different styles (shown later) but for me, a sweetheart neckline represents romance & beauty. It’s stunning and possibly one of the most popular choice for a wedding gown.
3. Think about what sort of shape you want for your gown. It’s similar to how you want any other dress to fit you. Do you want a a dramatic fan out? a subtle mermaid style, the elegant long trail or the shorter swooped trail? Think about your body shape and what you think will suit it! If you’re not sure, go and try and variety of styles and chose your favourite. Remember, an important factor of your gown is that you feel comfortable! If you don’t feel comfortable, you won’t feel any more comfortable on the day when you are the centre of attention!
4. A way to individualise your gown is by making the back stand out! Whether it’s a to the floor ribbon, embroidery, lace or ruffles, pick something exciting which represents you and what you love! You want people to not only love the front of your dress, but the back too! All eyes are on you, from every direction. Remember that.
5. Embellishments are a fun way to make your dress personal. Silk, lace & crystals are all popular ways to add the extra ‘wow factor’ to your gown! Here are a few ideas we love! I particularly love the embroidery crystal belt!
6. Materiality is also an important choice with your gown. With many different choices, chose one which you feel moves and looks how you want it to. Whether it’s silk, taffeta, satin or organza, select something you feel gorgeous in! One of my favourites is Tulle. I adore the way it looks & moves! Movement is key!
Designer Pick : Caroline Castigliano
“At Caroline Castigliano we believe that the purchase of your wedding dress is one of the most important decisions of your life and we delight in making it an experience you will look back on and cherish forever.”
We simply adore Caroline’s designs and have selected a few to share with you!
From top left
1. Walk in the Park – The Oscar Collection
“Silk organza strapless fishtail gown with soft pleated organza bodice and heavily embellished diamante belt”
2. Maldives – The Opulent Collection
“A-line lace wedding gown with taffeta midriff and detachable taffeta train”
3. The Madamoiselle – The Oscar Collection
“French Chantilly lace boat neck bodice, low back and ¾ length sleeves. Over 100% silk duchess satin corset and dramatic circular silk organza skirt”
4. Beauty – The Opulent Collection
“Graceful strapless satin bodice with Chantille lace waistband and organza tulle skirt with black velvet sash”
Your wedding dress represents you, make sure to stun them all! Especially your husband-to-be!