Weddings in the countryside are popular as the locations create stunning backdrops for the perfect day. With beautiful scenery and luxury venues, it creates a lovely atmosphere for your special day. Across the country there are some really gorgeous places to get married. Today I wish to share some of my favourites with you!
Coworth Park, Ascot
Set in a stunning countryside location, this 5* hotel is also situated just 45 minutes from London. I feel that this hotel would provide a spectacular backdrop to any wedding and definitely expresses romance. The buildings are set in 240 acres of land which include beautiful meadows that are full of gorgeous flowers in the spring and summer. The scenery is absolutely breath taking, with lovely gardens for your guests to go for a stroll whilst taking in the beauty of your special day. Set in the English countryside this location really expresses a timeless elegance.
South Lodge Hotel, Horsham, West Sussex
Surrounded by 93 acres of beautiful parkland, this smaller location can provide an exquisite location for a wedding, with the option to even have an outdoor wedding in their gorgeous pavilion! One of the things I liked about this venue is that they offer an afternoon tea option for your guests, which has a more vintage tea party feel. This would be a memorable occasion for your guests as a special effort is made to use vintage tea party crockery and they would be able to indulge on finger sandwiches, scones, pastries and champagne!
Eynsham Hall, Oxfordshire
A spectacular Manor house located in 3,000 acres of land, this location is perfect for anyone wishing to get married in the gorgeous English countryside. The great thing about this stunning venue is that it can cater for both large and smaller more intimate weddings. The manor house also has 126 rooms which your guests could stay in and there is a beautiful bridal suite for you to relax and get ready in! I also love the idea that you can hire a marquee in their lovely landscaped gardens which would create a superb background to your wedding.
There are many exquisite venues across the English countryside which could be magnificent locations for your wedding day! Whether it is in Spring/Summer or an Autumn/Winter wedding, these venues cater to any occasion, big or small! I hope this has inspired you to get thinking of what sort of places you want to get married!
Written by: Augusta Henning
Edited by: Laura Nikita Mitchell
A vintage wedding is the perfect way to celebrate your special day if you are a sentimentalist who values tradition. If you want to re-capture the beauty and elegance of an earlier age we have plenty of stunning ideas for you in this article.
The femininity of the vintage style is perfect for a special occasion such as a wedding. The bride will look beautiful in an exquisite one off wedding dress. The detailing on traditional dresses is exceptional and the craftsmanship that goes into each intricate beaded design or piece of lace is a masterpiece in itself. The simple yet elegant a-line dress is another vintage favourite, teamed with a vintage hat, head net or 1940’s inspired hair style you will feel a film star.
When it comes to styling your wedding so much is dependant on decorations, flowers, props and those little extras that make your wedding personal and unique. To create a vintage look you should use fine silver and bone china with hand painted feminine floral designs. The flowers should be natural, fresh and plucked from an English country garden; it is nice to pick flowers with subtle fragrances to perfume your venue.
Above are some beautiful ideas to make your wedding extra special. The picture on the left shows vintage wedding photos displayed amongst the flowers. You could use old photographs of your parents or grandparents’ weddings and tie them to your bouquet to create a sentimental keepsake of your day. The picture to the right shows a lovely home made confetti idea; using old music sheets, ribbon and lace you could make these little cones and fill them with dried roses or fresh rose petals to use as confetti.
Food and Drink
A high class tea party is a classic idea for a vintage spring/summer wedding. The use of pastel colours creates a elegant backdrop to your festivities. You could opt for an outdoor buffet consisting of salmon and cucumber sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and English jam, vintage sweets and cupcakes in lace skirts. For refreshments you could serve tea in vintage tea cups, fresh cucumber water, pink grapefruit juice in rustic jam jars. Another truly original idea is; home made lavender lemonade garnished with sprigs of fresh lavender. It tastes delicious and its subtle lilac hue will look pretty amongst the fresh flowers and pastel coloured china .
I hope these ideas have inspired you to create your own Vintage Wedding.
Written by: Laura Nikita Mitchell
images from: pinterest
I’ve rounded up the top wedding stunning venues in London.
Do you want to have an exception venue within London for your wedding? Well take a look at this quick guide of a selection of beautiful venues and take your pick!
1. Kew Gardens offers up a selection of gorgeous venues, from the Cambridge Cottage to the Nash Conservartory. Plus with the gorgeous backdrop of the gardens you will find yourself lost within nature & beauty. Most of the venues have license for the civil ceremony and offer a guest list of upto 200 for the ceremony and 230 for a seated reception.
2. The Swan Globe is a gorgeously unique wedding venue. Based within Shakespere’s Globe Theatre, say you’re ‘i dos’ and celebrate your day over looking the Thames towards St Pauls. Guestlist in the balcony room can extend to 70 and to 300 in the Under Globe.
3. Coq d’Argent offers a gorgeous oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle of London. It offers a gorgeous roof terrace and chic gardens with a stunning view of the city. Guestlist upto 150
4. Kensington Gardens is another choice if you’re looking for another roof terrace venue with stunning gardens and incredible views. This is possibly one of my favourites, it completely transports you to another country with the surroundings and offers an incredible atmosphere. Guestlist upto 500
5. Claridges is just one of those exquisite venues and is a top choice for the celebrity weddings as well proving it’s desirability. The décor of chandeliers and mirrors in the ball room give it a feeling of true luxury. Tie the knot here and you’ll be following in the footsteps of David Walliams & Lara Stone and Rachel Stevens & Alex Bourne!
There are many more to discover within London, so here’s a quick list of others I adore
6. The Dorechester
7. 30 Pavillion Road
8. The Savoy
9. Mandarin Oriental
10. Silver Fleet Boats – The Savoy Pier