Posts tagged luxury
Your wedding day is a special time in your life that you dream about from when you are a child. Finding the perfect person that you are totally in love with and want to spend the rest of your life with is something that deserves the most beautiful ceremony and celebration. So why not paint this perfect picture in the Greek Islands.
Exotic sandy beaches, its beautiful relaxed atmosphere, domed monasteries, the sparkling sapphire Aegean sea, breath taking sunsets and its vibrant history, are only a few of the reasons why the Greek islands are seen as the most romantic locations in the world. Every corner of Greece holds a beautiful story to tell, one of which could be yours.
In a country so rich and varied, it’s incredibly easy to find a location for your ideal wedding that meets your every wish….
Santorini is one of the many gorgeous islands that could be the ideal location for you, it is seen as the most romantic Greek island due to its breathtaking views and picturesque coastlines. Discover the towns that cling precariously to the side of volcanic cliffs, the many beautiful beaches that line the east coast and the enchanting, traditional churches. Santorini is home to the most alluring towns filled with excellent restaurants and exclusive shops tucked amongst its winding, whitewashed streets. The east coast of the island is where you will find the best volcanic beaches with crystal-clear waters.
Some of the most beautiful wedding hotspots in Santorini are….
St Irene Chapel – Set in the heart of Santorini St Irene Chapel holds the most breathtaking sea views. Its idyllic location enables you to be able to say your vows whist on a quaint balcony over looking the romantic santorini town.
Andronis Hotel Wedding Terrace – This gorgeous wedding spot is on a overhanging cliff face making you feel as if you are alone on the most beautiful island in the world. During sunset the colours of the sky bounce of the white washed houses of santorini creating an ideal setting for your wedding.
Church of Anastasia – If you prefer a more traditional church wedding the church of Anastasia is a must. It is a quaint typically greek setting with a beautiful bell tower feature that holds gorgeous views of the island.
Dana Villas – provides a dream setting situated upon a private terrace in the capital Fira. This location over looks stunning volcanic views. The spectacular views provide the perfect setting with the dressed pergola and soft candle light contribute to the atmosphere of this unique setting.
Santo Winery – is one of the most popular ceremony venues on the island. The outdoor location provides beautiful panoramic island views. Santo Winery is located in Megalochori that is between Perissa/Perivolos and Fira.
Greek Concierge can provide all of this for you and your wedding, don’t hesitate to contact us and book a consultation so we can start making your wedding dreams become reality.
I’ve rounded up the top wedding stunning venues in London.
Do you want to have an exception venue within London for your wedding? Well take a look at this quick guide of a selection of beautiful venues and take your pick!
1. Kew Gardens offers up a selection of gorgeous venues, from the Cambridge Cottage to the Nash Conservartory. Plus with the gorgeous backdrop of the gardens you will find yourself lost within nature & beauty. Most of the venues have license for the civil ceremony and offer a guest list of upto 200 for the ceremony and 230 for a seated reception.
2. The Swan Globe is a gorgeously unique wedding venue. Based within Shakespere’s Globe Theatre, say you’re ‘i dos’ and celebrate your day over looking the Thames towards St Pauls. Guestlist in the balcony room can extend to 70 and to 300 in the Under Globe.
3. Coq d’Argent offers a gorgeous oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle of London. It offers a gorgeous roof terrace and chic gardens with a stunning view of the city. Guestlist upto 150
4. Kensington Gardens is another choice if you’re looking for another roof terrace venue with stunning gardens and incredible views. This is possibly one of my favourites, it completely transports you to another country with the surroundings and offers an incredible atmosphere. Guestlist upto 500
5. Claridges is just one of those exquisite venues and is a top choice for the celebrity weddings as well proving it’s desirability. The décor of chandeliers and mirrors in the ball room give it a feeling of true luxury. Tie the knot here and you’ll be following in the footsteps of David Walliams & Lara Stone and Rachel Stevens & Alex Bourne!
There are many more to discover within London, so here’s a quick list of others I adore
6. The Dorechester
7. 30 Pavillion Road
8. The Savoy
9. Mandarin Oriental
10. Silver Fleet Boats – The Savoy Pier
Now this is the most important decision a Bride can make. What she wears down the aisle.. It’s the true statement of her personality & personal style. It’s obviously a daunting task to even begin deciding what sort of gown you would like, so we’re going to run through a variety of options for you to think about! Just to help
1. Exposure! Want to expose some skin at the back, through lace or in an intricate design? Here’s two gowns which we think do it with class and elegance! It’s a definite option to bring a young yet classic feel to the dress. Lace is a favourite option as well!
2. Necklines. The sweetheart neckline. One of my favourite styles for a wedding gown. You can have many different styles (shown later) but for me, a sweetheart neckline represents romance & beauty. It’s stunning and possibly one of the most popular choice for a wedding gown.
3. Think about what sort of shape you want for your gown. It’s similar to how you want any other dress to fit you. Do you want a a dramatic fan out? a subtle mermaid style, the elegant long trail or the shorter swooped trail? Think about your body shape and what you think will suit it! If you’re not sure, go and try and variety of styles and chose your favourite. Remember, an important factor of your gown is that you feel comfortable! If you don’t feel comfortable, you won’t feel any more comfortable on the day when you are the centre of attention!
4. A way to individualise your gown is by making the back stand out! Whether it’s a to the floor ribbon, embroidery, lace or ruffles, pick something exciting which represents you and what you love! You want people to not only love the front of your dress, but the back too! All eyes are on you, from every direction. Remember that.
5. Embellishments are a fun way to make your dress personal. Silk, lace & crystals are all popular ways to add the extra ‘wow factor’ to your gown! Here are a few ideas we love! I particularly love the embroidery crystal belt!
6. Materiality is also an important choice with your gown. With many different choices, chose one which you feel moves and looks how you want it to. Whether it’s silk, taffeta, satin or organza, select something you feel gorgeous in! One of my favourites is Tulle. I adore the way it looks & moves! Movement is key!
Designer Pick : Caroline Castigliano
“At Caroline Castigliano we believe that the purchase of your wedding dress is one of the most important decisions of your life and we delight in making it an experience you will look back on and cherish forever.”
We simply adore Caroline’s designs and have selected a few to share with you!
From top left
1. Walk in the Park – The Oscar Collection
“Silk organza strapless fishtail gown with soft pleated organza bodice and heavily embellished diamante belt”
2. Maldives – The Opulent Collection
“A-line lace wedding gown with taffeta midriff and detachable taffeta train”
3. The Madamoiselle – The Oscar Collection
“French Chantilly lace boat neck bodice, low back and ¾ length sleeves. Over 100% silk duchess satin corset and dramatic circular silk organza skirt”
4. Beauty – The Opulent Collection
“Graceful strapless satin bodice with Chantille lace waistband and organza tulle skirt with black velvet sash”
Your wedding dress represents you, make sure to stun them all! Especially your husband-to-be!
This sadly seems to be a part of a wedding that is overlooked and not given much attention in my opinion, yet it’s the most beautiful way to show off how much effort and care has gone into planning your day. Wedding stationary is, for me, one of the most import aspects to the best day of your life. You want your invitations, name places, menus and everything else to just ooze beauty. I’ve selected a few of my favourite Wedding stationary to share with you today. All of the work is created beautifully as well as being like nothing else out there in the wedding industry!
I simply love this idea for your wedding stationary. The laser cut stationary is beautiful and has the added effect with the play on lighting shown in the bottom row of images. It’s all very vintage inspired so if you’re planning your wedding to have a vintage theme, these items are great as a first impression of your special day! The style of the name places are so beautiful and individual, you’ll definitely impress your guests with their name being cut into a delicate design.
This elegant selection of stationary are a personal favourite. Again Vintage inspired with a touch of elegance and class with the fonts & patterns. If you’re planning a suave wedding this style is perfection! I simply adore the idea of the retro cinema tickets as well as the repsond cards! How creative is that idea!
Next we have the most incredible Letterpress stationary. The simplistic styles & colours play off of the bespoke letter press designs. These truly make an impression with the gorgeous designs which are catered exactly to your own tastes! From name place cards to the thank you cards, you can have Letterpress carry on throughout your wedding stationary and it is a simply beautiful style to go with.
Now you can go for a completely individualised style and team up with a designer who will start from scratch with your wedding stationary. Whatever style you want you can have! Here, I am bowled over by the folded up map created cleverly with intricate designs as it opens up! how great of an idea is this for directions to your venues?! It’s so exciting how creative you can actually get with your stationary, showing off your personal style which will carry out through your wedding!
Remember to tie in any colour themes with the stationary, flowers and décor of your Wedding. It’s the simply the easiest and best way to keep an on going flow through your celebrations. It also makes life easy for you if you decide on a colour palette, then whenever you are making decisions you can refer to your palette!
Final plea, please remember Wedding stationary! It is such a beautiful and artistic way of styling your wedding & and showcases the beautiful stationers work as well!
First impressions are always important and make sure yours is the BEST!
Row 1 & 2 – Source : Boris & Dorris
Row 3 & 4 – Source : Emma Jo
Row 5,6 & 7 – Source : Farrel & Chase
Row 8, 9 & 10 – Source : Leaff Design
At the Reception we have all of our closest family & friends celebrate the marriage of the newly weds. It’s the after party and we all want it to be luxurious & personal as possible from table arrangements to the name places. Now, centrepieces are possibly one of the most important pieces to the table arrangements. It ties the whole event together and also plays a huge part in setting the style & mood of the event.
You can be as flamboyant and go for ‘bigger is better’ with large floral displays mixed with hanging crystals, follow a simpler suit with bottles as vases or having single stemmed flowers scattered around. (first row) The flowers you chose will most probably tie in with the bouquets you had in the ceremony earlier as well as the flowers you used to keep a flow throughout the day.
However, you don’t have to go for the flower arrangement but go for a different style of plant (bottom row) or even settle for candles. Centrepieces are the focal point of the table and therefore really show off the personality of your wedding show getting creative is an absolute must! Whether it’s the colour scheme or the style of arrangement you should try and keep all parts of your Wedding day connected. You don’t want the different ceremonies to feel disjointed or like separate events.
Play with lighting & flowers to truly create some luxurious centrepieces & send your guests home in awe!
Welcome to Greek Concierge’s Wedding blog! We’re very excited to be launching and have bundles of ideas and inspiration to share to make your wedding as bespoke and luxurious as possible. To stay tuned for a tonne of posts on all things wedding.
Our starting point is with your bouquet! It is a creative arrangement of flowers (or whatever you wish) that you’ll be holding as you walk down that aisle! You should make it as individual as you want, it can also be the focal point for your colour theme throughout the wedding.
There are many different ways you can style your bouquet, from a nosegay, crescent and cascading. You can chose a mixture of a variety of flowers which will compliment each other. You can make it as simple as you wish with a single flower & colour, a slight variation with pearls or go completely tropical and mix exciting, bold and exotic together to create an astounding bouquet. (top line)
Colours & textures are all what make a bouquet individual and it’s very difficult to find similar to another. There is such a large variation of flowers and greenery to pick from! (middle line) You could even follow in the footsteps of Kate Middleton and select flowers for their meaning. You also don’t have to stop at just flowers! You can add different types of greenery, crystals beads, broaches or add a contrasting band where you hold it in theme with your wedding. (bottom line)
Try and make it reflect your own personal style and possibly even the shape of your gown. You can reveal the personality of yourself through it, the key is make it like you & your wedding and let the rest of your flower arrangements follow it.