Gorgeous wedding gown alert! Stun the world with your dress
Now this is the most important decision a Bride can make. What she wears down the aisle.. It’s the true statement of her personality & personal style. It’s obviously a daunting task to even begin deciding what sort of gown you would like, so we’re going to run through a variety of options for you to think about! Just to help
1. Exposure! Want to expose some skin at the back, through lace or in an intricate design? Here’s two gowns which we think do it with class and elegance! It’s a definite option to bring a young yet classic feel to the dress. Lace is a favourite option as well!
2. Necklines. The sweetheart neckline. One of my favourite styles for a wedding gown. You can have many different styles (shown later) but for me, a sweetheart neckline represents romance & beauty. It’s stunning and possibly one of the most popular choice for a wedding gown.
3. Think about what sort of shape you want for your gown. It’s similar to how you want any other dress to fit you. Do you want a a dramatic fan out? a subtle mermaid style, the elegant long trail or the shorter swooped trail? Think about your body shape and what you think will suit it! If you’re not sure, go and try and variety of styles and chose your favourite. Remember, an important factor of your gown is that you feel comfortable! If you don’t feel comfortable, you won’t feel any more comfortable on the day when you are the centre of attention!
4. A way to individualise your gown is by making the back stand out! Whether it’s a to the floor ribbon, embroidery, lace or ruffles, pick something exciting which represents you and what you love! You want people to not only love the front of your dress, but the back too! All eyes are on you, from every direction. Remember that.
5. Embellishments are a fun way to make your dress personal. Silk, lace & crystals are all popular ways to add the extra ‘wow factor’ to your gown! Here are a few ideas we love! I particularly love the embroidery crystal belt!
6. Materiality is also an important choice with your gown. With many different choices, chose one which you feel moves and looks how you want it to. Whether it’s silk, taffeta, satin or organza, select something you feel gorgeous in! One of my favourites is Tulle. I adore the way it looks & moves! Movement is key!
Designer Pick : Caroline Castigliano
“At Caroline Castigliano we believe that the purchase of your wedding dress is one of the most important decisions of your life and we delight in making it an experience you will look back on and cherish forever.”
We simply adore Caroline’s designs and have selected a few to share with you!
From top left
1. Walk in the Park – The Oscar Collection
“Silk organza strapless fishtail gown with soft pleated organza bodice and heavily embellished diamante belt”
2. Maldives – The Opulent Collection
“A-line lace wedding gown with taffeta midriff and detachable taffeta train”
3. The Madamoiselle – The Oscar Collection
“French Chantilly lace boat neck bodice, low back and ¾ length sleeves. Over 100% silk duchess satin corset and dramatic circular silk organza skirt”
4. Beauty – The Opulent Collection
“Graceful strapless satin bodice with Chantille lace waistband and organza tulle skirt with black velvet sash”
Your wedding dress represents you, make sure to stun them all! Especially your husband-to-be!